Final steps of making the Art Deco Frame:
1. the frame gets clamped to the workbench, and the outer and inner edges are routed to round them off, one side at a time.
2. I made 2 little wings of oak from 1/4 round moulding by sanding off the corners to make each one round, then they are glued on.
3. The final frame stained and with the portrait of Carlye Pollack.
1. Gluing up the blocks from bit of scrap oak and even some oak from old pallets.
2. The blank blocks of oak cut to size and ready to go.
3. The routing inside for the painting, and slots cut for the biscuits that hold the corners together.
4. The main part of the frame glued together with a test fit of the painting.